Do you have writing projects that seem to linger on your to-do list? Are you looking for some additional accountability and support over the summer to tackle that article or dissertation chapter?
We are excited to announce the first REC Writing Cohort for the summer of 2021. Join a small group of colleagues for a six-week peer-mentoring and professional development opportunity focused on making progress toward a writing goal. The Cohort will meet three times between July and August for goal setting, discussion of writing strategies, and feedback. Each participant will be paired with another member of the cohort for one-on-one conversation and support.
Facilitated by Brian Blackmore, Religious Studies Department Chair at Westtown School and Consultant for Teaching about World Religions with the Center for Spiritual and Ethical Education and Kate Soules, Executive Director of the Religion and Education Collaborative.
- Cohort will be limited to 10 participants
- Individuals at any career stage are invited to to apply
- Participants agree to commit to attending all three 2-hour cohort meetings. Specific dates and times for sessions will be determined in coordination with the best availability of participants. Ideally, we will meet accordingly:
- First Session: July 14th- July 16th
- Second Session: August 2nd- August 6th
- Third Session: August 23rd- August 25th
- Participants will check-in with their partner at least once between cohort meetings (time and format to be determined by each pair)
How to Apply:
Submit a 1 to 1.5 page letter of interest including your responses to the following:
- Give a biographical sketch of your research interests and professional goals
- What writing project are you planning to work on?
- What do you hope to gain from this writing cohort?
- What type(s) of support are you looking for? And, what type(s) of support can you offer?
- Conversation partner
- Feedback on drafts
- Anything else you would like us to know.
Send letter of interest to Brian Blackmore (email@example.com) and Kate Soules (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 1.